2013年9月17日星期二

Ear Infection - Dog


Ear Infection – Dog



I wondered what had caused my old labrador to whimper and whine, on and off, from the early morning hours. As I busied myself hanging out a load of washing, he plooffed himself down in a patch of sun and immediately began to flick his head from side to side – as if to dislodge something.


On inspection, I saw that his left ear was filled with puss, swollen and inflamed. I soaked a tissue with a few drops of Zara Tea Tree oil and gently wiped out the ear, removing as much of the gunge as possible. I then put 3 drops of oil into the ear.


The following morning, I wiped out the ear again and put 2 drops of tea tree oil into the ear.


Today, day 3,  there is no evidence of puss and the ear is much better. I have wiped the ear with tea tree oil again.


One cannot but feel a little helpless, when our pets seem to be in pain. But, the great thing is that tea tree oil is living up to its ‘medicine chest in a bottle’ reputation.


Be healthy and well (Pets and People)


Des on Zara





没有评论:

发表评论